As an expert of termite targeting professionals here in the Philippines, we share what you can look for yourself to determine if termites could be eating away at your home – one bite at a time.
The Signs of a Termite Infestation
If you see a thin line of mud or dirt around you’re the exterior of your home (especially around the concrete slab or base of your home) it is likely to be the work of termites. They use these to travel from underground and into unsealed cracks or crevices around the foundation of the home – especially in gaps surrounding plumbing or electrical infrastructure. These are some other common signs of an infestation:
• Build-up of mud, dirt and other muddy debris around the cornices of windows or door framing.
• Damp or moisture stains on the walls or roof. Termites thrive in damp environments where there is a reliable source of moisture. This is another reason to fix leaking roofs or plumbing right away.
• Blistering or chipping of paint work especially around window framing and skirting boards and other damage to timber work.
• Discarded wings or insect detritus resembling sawdust (termite droppings)
• Wood that feels hollow when tapped, or tiny holes visible on the outside of woodwork.
Termites can squeeze through very tight cracks and gaps usually around the base of the home. However if there is vegetation surrounding the home, especially if it is in contact with the roofing eaves this can also be a way for termites to access a home. Dry wood termites do not require mud tubes to access the home and can fly in through ceiling vents.
Here at Pest Control Technologist we encourage all homeowners to keep their eyes open for the signs of termites and if they spot any of these conduct a pest control professional to assess the extent of the problem. Most termite populations if treated early will have minimal damage to your home, making the important of regular termite inspections an absolute necessity to continually safeguard your home.
Don’t leave it any longer. Call Pest Control Technologist on 0927-3652847 for your next termite inspection anywhere in the Philippines or visit our webpage: https://tekkpest.com/